The Gulf Islands International Program and Salt Spring Island couldn’t be a better choice for serious academic and adventurous students from Latin America. The Gulf Islands International Program currently hosts students from Mexico, Colombia, Chile and Brazil.
Most of our Latin American students enroll in the Cultural Education Program, although some students return to graduate and enroll in the Academic Study Program. Many of the students supplement their studies by enrolling in the English as a Second Language Program.
There are eight good reasons why the Gulf Islands International Program is the right choice for international students from the Latin American community.
- We offer outstanding elective programming and academic programming taught by highly qualified teachers;
- The recreational opportunities are second to none;
- Safe, supportive school and community;
- We provide programming that respects the authorization process which we facilitate at no extra cost;
- School based program administration, student support, and homestay program;
- Program where the emphasis is on quality, not quantity;
- Students and teachers who go out of their way to welcome the Latin American students to the school, the community and to their homes;
- A unique student advisor program to help students, parents and agents make good choices.